5815 Ugg Classic Tall Black Boots

Friday, December 14, 2012

and most importantly

Define What You Want in Your Life and Find Your Purpose by Julianna Suranyi
If you could do anything in your life right now - what would it be,but the minions expect it. There was a little resistance at first to having them call me Shri Shri Shri Shri Jed? If you were asked to define a purpose of your life - could you? If you can't answer either question, you're not alone. They're such small questions but are increasingly asked as our lives get busier and everyone else's needs and expectations seem to get met before our own.
Do I think we have just one purpose in our life? No. But I do think that people who are able to identify what they want are surer at knowing their current life purpose (or life purposes) and are therefore more able to enjoy what they're doing,5815 Ugg Classic Tall Black Boots. In this article I share the experience of my friend Vikki and some simple steps you can take to clarify and focus your thoughts.
Vikki's Story
Vikki is 52, vivacious, confident, a mother of two teenage daughters and has just changed everything in her life based on the fact that she wasn't living the life she wanted - even though lots of her friends thought she was.
"I had always listened to the words 'be true to your path' and I thought that I was following mine, until I realized that I had no idea what my path looked like (because I thought my job was my path), let alone where it was going," she said. "I was always a person who 'had to know' what was happening for me - always in control, in a high powered job where I was perceived to be very successful based on the growth of the business, the caliber of clothing I wore, the amount I felt needed and recognized in my role and the expectations of what a successful person has, sounds, looks and acts like.
As a single mother and a woman I never said 'no' if something didn't suit me because I was used to feeling needed. I liked the validation of that feeling and being able to fix everything for everyone in my life, from my daughters to my workmates to the men I was dating.
In August last year I completed a four month mentoring course for my business and at the conclusion I realized with a thud that the business set-up and situation I was in was not going to keep working. Why? Because I didn't want it to continue the way it was just to keep my two male business partners comfortable, even though I truly thought it defined me and was absolutely 'my purpose'. Instead of accepting what was expected of me, which would have run me into the ground with even more exhaustion than I already had, I decided to simplify not just my job - but also my life. I created something new for myself, even though I had no idea what it would be,Another great way to deal with the negative effects of panic attacks is to redirect your negative thoughts into positive ones. This is a simple premise but it takes practice and work to execute effectively., how it would look or when it would happen."
Finding Freedom and Terror
Vikki made some massive changes including selling her share of the business; selling the family home which had been damaged in storms and not felt the same since the repairs; moving into a city apartment with her daughters; and most importantly, trusting herself.
"There was a massive amount of freedom that came with the decision to walk away from my business followed closely by moments of sheer terror and panic at what I had done," Vikki said. "It's been over six months now and I have had three or four serious occasions where I have thought that I should never have given my business up, and the change of location with my daughters to the city has not been successful so we're moving to a better location for us, but compared to everything I've gained the doubts and disappointments are very minimal.

No comments:

Post a Comment